I saw this at a pharmacy POS Display. The products were placed at about 8 feet from the counter and I could barely read the words on packaging. How can someone giving a 2 sec attention to this display know that these are two different products targeted towards different genders? The chances are pretty slim. Designers should consider context of use (display) or the design ends up pretty useless.
The only differential is the height of the packaging and given the short attention span, one may not be able to comprehend them as two products. And it will surely affect the bottom-line of at-least one of the products. The simplest solution could have been a color coding of pink & blue which would act as pre-attentive variable for better cognition.
PS: The products I'm talking about are the two Tommy Hilfiger Deo Spray bottles in the center of the image.

No comments:
Post a Comment